Installing hardwood floors is a great way to enhance the aesthetic appeal of your home and instantly increase its value. Hardwood floors add elegance and style to any setting and easily blend into any décor. With so many options in the marketplace today, taking the time to carefully choose the right hardwood flooring for your home is very important to ensure you get the most bang for your buck.
Hardwood floors are an investment and the decision to install them in your home is one that takes careful consideration. To help you decide whether this type of flooring is right for you, we have compiled a list of the top six benefits of having hardwood floors.
- Quality Hardwood Floors will Last a Lifetime. Improvements in technology over the years have strengthened the durability factor of quality hardwoods. No longer are you limited to only installing hardwood floors in living rooms and dining areas. Hardwood floors can work in any room of your home – even kitchens, bathrooms, basements and laundry rooms. Of course it is important to choose the right type of wood for use in higher moisture areas. Discuss this with your hardwood representative to be sure you’re choosing the best types of wood for various areas of your home.
- Hardwood Floors are Cost-Effective. If you consider the return on investment for the addition of hardwood floors to your home, you’ll discover just how cost-effective this investment is in raising the value and appeal of your home to a higher level. Most realtors agree that hardwood floors have a huge impact on the decision making process of prospective buyers. According to a recent survey by the National Wood Flooring Association, houses with wood floors move faster and sell at higher prices than homes with other types of flooring.
- Reduce Allergens by Installing Hardwood Floors. If allergies are a problem in your household, then hardwood floors are the perfect choice for you and your family. Over time, carpets collect dust and other irritants that can lead to allergies. Even grout lines in tile can harbor harmful allergens. Hardwood floors have no grout lines or fibers to store these irritants, so your family can live in a much healthier environment. Furthermore, for those concerned with preserving our ecosystem, it is important to remember that wood is a renewable and recyclable material.
- Hardwood Floors Fit with Any Interior Style. Most interior designers agree that hardwood flooring accentuates any décor and adds elegance to your home. Whether you’re going for a warm comfortable atmosphere or a smooth contemporary feeling, the timeless appeal and beauty of hardwood floors enhances your furnishings and allows you to create the ambiance you desire. With simple maintenance, hardwood floors are an investment that will retain their beauty and appeal through the years.
- Your Hardwood Flooring Options are Limitless. When you begin on your quest to find the perfect floors for your home, you will be amazed at the variety of color choices, wood grains, board widths, and different wood types. One of the best features of choosing the wood floors that appeal most to you and your family is the uniqueness of your choice. Due to the varience in the natural qualities of wood, you’ll never see another floor exactly like yours. Whether you’re redecorating, remodeling or building a new home, you can find beautiful wood floors that create the exact look and feel you desire. Explore your options for wood flooring and realize that its not only a great financial investment; it’s an investment that will add beauty and pleasure to your home.
- Hardwood Floors are Easy to Maintain. With minimal care, hardwood floors will retain their beauty and elegance for many years. As each year passes, wood tones deepen and grain patterns emerge – only adding to the original beauty of your wood floors. That’s one more reason to think about how great of an investment installing wood floors in your home can be. As long as you follow the simple manufacturer care suggestions to maintain them, you’ll be enjoying your hardwood floors for years to come.