Solid hardwood or engineered? Hand scraped or smooth? Wide plank or narrow? Selecting hardwood floors for you home isn’t as simple as just picking a color. Rather, it’s a process – one that can be quite frustrating without the help of a flooring expert. At Universal Hardwood, we understand that hardwood floors are an investment. Our team of experts stands ready to guide you through the process of choosing the perfect flooring for your home, apartment building, or place of business.
Why should you choose Universal Hardwood for your flooring needs? For starters, our prices and customer service can’t be beat. For over 18 years we’ve been providing homeowners, builders, designers and architects with the very best flooring products available. We stand behind our products and the workmanship. Still on the fence? We’ve put together a list of 11 Reasons to Work with Universal Hardwood. Let’s take a look:
1) Largest Selection of Made-in-the-USA Flooring in LA – Universal Hardwood is a real store with a large showroom. We are proud to offer the largest selection of American made flooring in Los Angeles. With 2000 samples on display and over one million square feet of wood flooring and moulding in stock – we’ve got something for everyone.
2) Our CEO, Jeff Meltzer, is an NWFA-Certified Inspector – Nobody knows hardwood floors better than Jeff Meltzer. As an NWFA (National Wood Flooring Association) certified inspector, Jeff is fully trained to answer all of your hardwood floor questions and provide additional resources to guide your decision.
3) We’re Green – The team at Universal uses environmentally friendly products whenever possible, including “green” glue (no toxic gases). We are also proud to carry Wakol and Loba wood flooring products that are 100% VOC Free/Emicode EC1R.
4) You've Probably Seen Our Vans Around Town – Next time you see one of our vans, be sure and wave! Better yet, give us a call and let us show you why so many homeowners, builders, and architects choose Universal Hardwood.
5) You Can Browse Our Store Online via Webcam – Want to take a peek inside our showroom? Now you can do it from the comfort of your own home!
Thanks to Google Maps Business Photos, we are now able to offer this added convenience to our customers. The virtual tour is super easy to use. Just like Google Street View, the interactive tour gives customers the ability to "walk-through" and virtually explore the Universal Hardwood showroom.
6) Our Free Sample Program – At Universal, we think you should be able to see how a floor sample looks in your home before you purchase. That is why we’ve developed free sample program for prospective customers. “Test drive” a sample of your favorite floor and take the guesswork out of your decision.
7) Free Design Advice – Need advice on which flooring is right for your home? Or maybe you need help picking out paint colors for the kitchen? Find answers to your most burning design questions by visiting our design advice center.
8) Sound Abatement Experts – Considering hardwood floors for your home, apartment building, or place of business but you’re worried about the noise factor? At Universal Hardwood, we’ve got soundproofing down to a science. Enjoy the beauty of your wood floors – worry free.
9) We're #1 on Google for a Reason
Who do homeowners is West Los Angeles trust for all their flooring needs? That’s right – Universal Hardwood. We’re #1 on Google for a reason...stop by our showroom and let us show you why!
10) Free Maintenance Kit with Purchase – With proper care, your hardwood floors can last a lifetime. Certain cleaning products can severely damage the integrity of wood floors. To help protect your investment and keep your floors looking great for years to come, you’ll receive a free maintenance kit when you purchase wood flooring from Universal Hardwood.
11) Cleaning & Maintenance Services - Rather leave the cleaning to a professional? Have a scratch or dent that you’d like to have fixed? No problem! From deep cleaning to refinishing, polishing to scratch/dent repairs – and everything in between – we offer it all.