How to Create a Moisture Barrier Using Wakol PU 280
Is your concrete floor properly prepped for hardwood flooring? If you haven’t taken steps to block residual moisture, it’s important you do so before proceeding with the installation process. This step-by-step tutorial will walk you through the process of creating a moisture barrier using Wakol PU 280.
What You’ll Need
- Velour or foam roller
- Wakol PU 280
- A bucket (large enough to dip roller in)
- Note – Each coat requires approximately 40-50 minutes drying time
- Step 1 – Pour the Wakol PU 280 into your bucket. Since it’s one component, no mixing is necessary.
- Step 2 – Apply as a thin and closed film on the concrete. Make sure to avoid forming puddles.
- Step 3 – Let first coat dry approximately 40-50 minutes.
- Step 4 – Apply second coat crosswise. Let dry 40-50 minutes.
- Step 5 – Install wood floors directly with WAKOL MS 260 Wood Flooring Adhesive (firm-elastic).